Monday, September 26, 2011

Gearing Up For October And Halloween

September has been a quiet month for me as far as movie watching and reviewing goes. When I have watched some stuff it has been mainly been things that don't fit in with the CT and a few exploitation flicks thrown in for good measure. The main reason for this is that for the last 2 years I've participated in DVD Talk's annual October Horror Challenge. This is a month long fun activity that gets the horror fans together to shoot for the loose goal of watching 100 horror movies in the month. I've successfully reached the mountaintop in both 2009 and '10 and hope to be able to do it again this year while watching at least 50% new movies. There are no real rules to it, so you can sign up and join in even if you don't plan to try to complete any of the goals/checklists. I will make a post right here every day to recap everything I've watched that day with short reviews and thoughts. This is my favorite time of the year and turning my brain to mush with tons of horror movies just makes it even better. See you guys on the first.


100 movies. 31 posts. 31 days.

No comments: