Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October Horror Challenge Day 19



Alligator started off the day. It takes no genius to figure out what this movie is about. A flushed alligator grows up to be huge in the sewers of Chicago and is on a man eating rampage and the local police force have to stop it. If director Lewis Teague went to further extremes with the violence of this it would be a really great animals attack B-movie, as it is its good but won't reach the cult classic status of something like Piranha.



Next up was Friday The 13th Part 6: Jason Lives which is one of my favorite entries in the series. It is nothing more than a stupid fun slasher which was all I was looking for at the time. I don't revisit this series all that often, but when I'm in the mood for it it is great. Some of the deaths in this movie were awesome which is really what we want out of it. And boobs. Also this is one of my favorite Jasons from the series.



The day was finished with the Antonio Margheriti directed giallo Naked You Die. My first reaction from this movie is how tame it is. Very little in the way of excess. And for a film with this title there isn't much nudity and you never see the goods. What a tease. Also, most of the victims are clothed. It isn't awful, a bit slow and as I said, tame, but I was expecting more from a movie directed by Margheriti and involving Mario Bava.

Today's Rundown
Alligator - 7/10
Friday The 13th Part 6 - 7.5/10
Naked You Die - 5.5/10

No comments: