Monday, October 10, 2011

October Horror Challenge Day 10



Before falling asleep last night I decided to watch Snake Woman's Curse. So I did get to squeeze in 3 films on day 9. That was a pretty cool movie with a very cool 60s Japanese style. If you're looking for something different I recommend it for its nightmarish feeling.



Day 10 started by revisiting Lucio Fulci's classic The Beyond. This movie has very little narrative and just as little logic but for whatever reason it works perfectly for this flick. It is grade A material for gore hounds.




I then moved on to a pair of 1930s films I'd never seen before, Doctor X and The Return Of Doctor X. The first is a very early Technicolor movie in the mad scientist murder mystery realm. I didn't know much about it going in but it was a nice surprise. Well made all around and pretty intense for such an early film. The sequel was just a tamer, slower and all together less impressive version of the first. There really isn't much else to say about it.


Today's Rundown:
Snake Woman's Curse (day 9) - 8.5/10
The Beyond - 9/10
Doctor X - 7.5/10
The Return Of Doctor X - 5/10

No comments: