Monday, October 13, 2014

October Horror Challenge 2014 - Day 12


THE INVISIBLE MAN is a perfect mix of horror sci-fi and dark comedy. James Whale's direction on top of Claude Rains charismatic performance equal on of the best classic horror films of the 1930s. If you haven't seen it I don't know what else to tell you other than you're messing up!


One of my favorite parts of the annual October challenge is catching up on movies I've surprisingly never seen before for one reason or another. PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES is one of those movies. I've seen parts of it and I'm certainly familiar with it but I hadn't sat down and watched this Hammer film before this. I'm glad I finally did because it was another great gothic horror film from the British studio.


The last movie of the day is my favorite new viewing of the month so far. THE HOUSES OCTOBER BUILT is a fantastic horror film for this time of year. I have a full review of the film coming to give you my full thoughts but the film is on VOD and you should absolutely see it.

Today's Rundown
The Invisible Man - 9/10
Plague Of The Zombies - 7.5/10
The Houses October Built - 9/10

No comments: